Sunday, February 1, 2009

OMG!

On Monday I went to see The Dark Knight on the IMAX screen at the Franklin Institute with 3 friends from work. And it was FREAKIN AWESOME!!! Because it was a Monday right after work there was almost no one there, in fact, the Institute was closed except for the IMAX. I think there might have been a dozen in a theatre that seats way more than 100.

The IMAX screen is 4 stories tall, now I don't know how tall a regular movie screen is, but I know it isn't 4 stories that's for sure.

We sat down and I immediately psyched myself out. I convinced myself before the lights even went down that I was gonna get motion sick and hurl everywhere. And then they have this announcement that mentions that some people get motion sick and pointed to the exits, which freaked me out even more. But, I persevered.

There were 6 sequences filmed using the IMAX format, including the first 6 minutes of the movie. As soon as it started I felt my tummy tickle a little. Turns out it was just excitement. At first you notice the switch from IMAX format to regular format, but pretty soon you're so sucked in that the transition is no longer obvious. Watching that movie all huge and being able to feel the action sequences was amazing.

I had not seen the movie, but heard all the hype. It was definitely as good as everyone said it was. And I am really glad that I got to see it on a super large screen.

I am also glad that I did not puke.

Anyway I highly recommend going to see this movie on the IMAX. Kolby, I know you have probably seen it a million times (and own it), but if you have a chance to see it on IMAX--DO IT!

No comments: