Sunday, February 1, 2009

Moose Farts


So, there is this kid's book called Walter the Farting Dog. Actually there are several books. They follow the well meaning Walter around on all his misadventures. They are pretty cute. But I have to say that Walter has NOTHING on Molly. She is by far the grossest, stinkiest, most flatulent dog I have ever met.

She also happens to be the greatest dog in the world. She is smart (Adam is currently teaching her left and right) and sweet and patient and everything you could ever ask for in a dog. Except when she farts. She can make the paint peel it smells so awful. And you can't get away from it, it's like it sticks to you. Eww.

Yesterday I was working in the kitchen on some school stuff (getting ready for my midterm mostly) and she laid next to me the whole time and pooted away. If I moved, she followed me (being loyal and all). Sometimes (mostly as she is napping) they surprise her, and she jumps up and looks at her butt all confused like "hey, what just happened?"

Anyway, it made me think that perhaps I should write books about her. I mean if those guys who wrote the books about Walter can do it, why not? Maybe I am on to something here.

So, as of now I am taking ideas for stories. I reckon they don't all have to surround Molly's gas problem (if they did those guys who wrote the Walter books would probably sue me).

I'm sure Adam will be down to write a book with me (like how I volunteer him for stuff), and I bet I can convince him to illustrate it too. Being that he is an artist and all.

Let me know if there are any adventures you'd like to see Molly go on. I bet there is even an adventure her pal Riley can join in on as well. He is not nearly as stinky as she is, but his bark can be heard for miles around . . .so I'm sure there could be something there.

1 comment:

Emily and Kolby said...

our dog maya isn't a farter, but she did fart ONE time and it was audible. she too immediately investigated her butt, utterly confused.